We have broken our review up into five sections that highlight the different area of concern when purchasing an epilator: Price, Features, Comfort, Design and Warranty.
While the Braun Silk-Epil is the highest priced model we reviewed, it is also the best bang for your buck which is why it scored so high in this category. The MSRP is $129.99 and it doesn’t often sell too much cheaper online, however even at full price it is worth it.
- 40% wider head: A wider head than other models means that it removes more hair faster and more comfortably.
- MicroGrip tweezer technology: This is a patented technology that ensures proper feeding and plucking of hairs in a single stroke.
- Cordless & rechargeable: Built in battery takes about 1 hour to charge and lasts for approximately 40 minutes of use. Cordless operation mean no getting wrapped up in the pesky cord while reaching difficult areas.
- Wet & Dry: You can use the Silk-Epil 9 dry, in the shower, or with your favorite gel, foam or cream. Washing it off is a breeze since it is 100% waterproof.
- Pulsating active vibrations: Pulsing vibration helps stand short and flat hairs up for a even shave on the first pass.
- Adaptive skin contour: Automatically adjusting to the contour of your skin makes epilating your entire body simple, even for beginners.
- Built in light: A handy light is built into the unit that shows even the tiniest blonde hairs.
- Multiple Speeds: 2 Operation speeds allow for gentle and fast epilation.
This was by far the most gentle and efficient model we reviewed. If you have never used one before or you have sensitive skin then the Braun Epilator is probably the best bet. The wider head with adaptive skin contour seemed to hug the skin while the pulsating active vibration fed even the shortest hairs into the MicroGrip tweezing heads. Cordless and rechargeable allows for use in the shower with foam to really create a gentle experience.
Braun has really hit a home run with the design of the Silk-Epil 9. The unit is built solid and the features included are all well thought out and useful. Everything from the handy led light that shows all the hidden and nearly invisible hairs to the pulse vibrations that stand hairs up to be plucked with the microgrip tweezers; this device was built with thought and proper engineering.
Braun offers a fairly standard 1 year warranty on materials, parts and workmanship. Should your unit break before the end of the year of your original purchase then you can call a 1-800 number and they will give you the address of the nearest service center for you to mail it to. You will have to pay for shipping. At their discretion they will repair or replace the device and return it to you at no charge. The warranty does not cover abuse, misuse, improper cleaning and other thing that warranties don’t normally cover.