DETAILED SCORE BREAKDOWN
Price: 7 / 10
Features: 8 / 10
Comfort: 9 / 10
Design: 8 / 10
Warranty: 9 / 10
RATED 4.2 out of 5
If you are looking for a high quality, full function epilator in the mid-price range that is gentle enough for a beginner; the Panasonic ES-ED90-P may be what you are looking for.
It is a bit higher in cost than other bargain-prices models but it's additional features make the price worthwhile.
With hypoallergenic nickel-free blades and a 'gentle' head attachment it is perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
Read our full review below!
We have broken our review up into five sections that highlight the different area of concern when purchasing an epilator: Price, Features, Comfort, Design and Warranty.
The Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet and Dry epilator is in the mid price range of the models we tested with a MSRP of $89.99. While this is a higher price than some others on the market, there is good reason for this as it is of higher quality and includes more features. This is still not a top of the line model but is far superior than the more budget-friendly models.
- 60 degree angle head: Typically you need to hold an epilator at a 90 degree angle for it to work properly, which can be difficult when reaching certain parts of the body. Panasonic has overcome this by using a 60 degree head.
- 48 tweezing discs: Dual disc design with 48 heads ensures a close and comfortable shave and is more gentle than lower priced models for sensitive skin.
- Hypoallergenic, Nickel-free blades: Perfect for those with skin allergies or sensitive skin.
- Wet or Dry: 100% Waterproof for use in shower and with foams, gels or creams for a much smotther experience.
- Rechargeable & Cordless: The built in battery takes approximatley 60 minutes to charge and gets a stunning 90 minutes of use per charge.
- 6 bonus attachments: A great assortment of attachments come with the with Panasonic Epilator. Included in the bundle: standard epilation head, epilation beginner cap, epilation gentle cap, foot care head, shaver head and bikini cap.
This is epilator is perfect for beginners due to its many attachment heads, 60 degree angle but where someone new to this type of shaving will probably appreciate the reduced pain from this device. However, like any brand it can still be painful the first time you use one.
The ES-ED90-P is similar in shape and size as other brands and models and sports a pink and white exterior. It measures 1.6 inches thick, 2.3 inches wide and 5.3 inches long. The 60 degree pivoting head is a great design addition and makes it easier to use overall. The built in battery is of high quality and charges quickly and has an incredible capacity. The 100% waterproof design makes washing the unit after use a breeze.
The Panasonic Wet and Dry Epilator has a very generous warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years including parts and labor! Their service and repair process is quite strait forward and can be initiated by mail, phone, or even from their website. You will need to provide a proof of purchase/receipt for your purchase and send back all attachments. The prefer you send it back in the original carton however that will not prevent repairs if you do no have the box it came in.